Havre de Grace United Methodist Church
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Our Mission: Through Jesus Christ, living, learning, serving, and growing
Mr. and Mrs. Seneca financed the building of a stone church for the Havre de Grace Methodist Episcopal congregation. The church was dedicated in 1902. The congregation was responsible for heating, lighting, and furnishing the building. The exterior architectural design is modified Gothic Victorian composed of Port Deposit granite and window settings of Indiana limestone. The interior altar rail, pulpit furniture, organ and choir fronts are San Domingo mahogany. The pews are made of the finest quartered white oak. The sanctuary is mostly devoid of religious symbols except for the large stained glass windows that display a message from scripture. In 1968 a new, Moller Organ was custom built for the church. The building has undergone many restorations of the sanctuary, social room, addition of the education building and memorial hall.